Monday, May 12, 2014

Getting Ready For Summer!

Hello!

I wanted to share something new that I'm starting today.  I joined Tone It Up for their annual Bikini Series fitness program and I'm so excited!  It's an 8 week program aimed at getting you looking and feeling good for summer.  I'm starting this program a couple of weeks late, but it's very easy to follow.  All you have to do is sign up on their website, find the weekly schedules, and get going!

Today I planned on getting up early and getting in my 20-30 minutes of cardio with a morning run around the neighborhood.  When my alarm went off at 6:00am I could hear the rumbles of thunder in the distance and flashes of lightning.  I decided to try to run in the afternoon instead. :)  It was a wise decision because it started to rain hard and I probably would have been caught in it!

The other half of today's schedule was to complete the Upper Body Workout.  I went to the basement to look for my 5 pound weights and they were nowhere to be found!  I know for sure Mark hid them from the kids and apparently hid them from me too!  So, I improvised with a couple bottles of Gatorade instead!  I did the video 2 times through.  Once with weights and once without.  The first time through was tough as I was trying to avoid hitting my boys (who wouldn't stop hanging on my legs) in the head with my "weights"! haha!  For the second round I put the bottles down and Jack even joined in!  I liked the workout and I really felt it in the back and shoulders.  My from was less than stellar, but I'll work on that.

I'm also trying to drink more water throughout the day.  I have a pitcher that holds 64 oz. and I'm going to aim to drink that much over the course of the day.

I also signed up for my second 5k Run of the year!  I'll be running the Spring Lake Heritage Festival 5k in about a month!  I can't wait!  I just completed the River Bank Run 5k last Saturday and I felt really good.  My time was 35:14, about 5 minutes faster than the one I ran 2 years ago.  I'm looking forward to beating that time at the Heritage!

Cheers to good health and good healthy choices!

Love, Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment